(I spelled out my name above to make sure you found me on the internet. I’m glad you did.)
Attorney Groth grew up in a small suburb of New York City – Ardsley, NY. He brought a very “New York” attitude with him to college in in Massachusetts – where he attended Stonehill College and graduated with a bachelor’s in philosophy and a minor in Business Administration.
After working in retail banking for a couple of years, while earning his paralegal certification from Boston University, Attorney Groth attended Quinnipiac University School of Law. During Law School, Attorney Groth served in student government, and co-founded the Quinnipiac University School of Law’s Business and Securities Law Organization.
Throughout law school, Attorney Groth was recognized for his academic achievements, receiving awards in the areas of legal drafting, conflicts of laws, and for his excellence in clinical work at the QUSL tax clinic. He graduated in 2012, cum laude, with honors in his Tax Concentration.
After graduating, it wasn’t long before Attorney Groth was offered a position as an attorney at the law firm he was interning at – Parent & Parent LLP. But Tom had a strong entrepreneurial urge, which lead him to strike out on his own as a solo attorney in July of 2013. Tom was sought out by other solo Attorneys, including Eugene Glouzgal – who he eventually started a partnership with, and Glouzgal Ramos Groth LLP was founded. The firm provided Tax, Business, Real Estate, and Family Law services. When their third partner left to work for the government, Tom and Eugene founded G&G Law LLC.
In 2022, Tom decided that another move was needed. He wanted an office location that was closer to his home in Trumbull, so he could spend more time with his wife and kids. He and Eugene went their separate ways, with Tom Groth Law PLLC and Glouzgal Law PLLC operating alongside each other in Brookfield, Connecticut, until construction was completed on Tom’s Shelton Office.
Throughout his years practicing Law in Connecticut, Tom has:
- Represented Business Owners in Connecticut State Criminal Courts for Tax Crimes
- Represented Business Owners in IRS Audits, IRS Appeals, and Tax Court as well as administratively with Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.
- Defended lawsuits against Religious and Business organizations
- Brought lawsuits on behalf of clients for personal injuries and to quiet title on real estate
- Assisted hundreds of Connecticut residents with Real Estate transactions, including: purchasing homes, selling homes, refinancing mortgages.
- Assisted Business Owner’s in making sure that they are in tax and other regulatory compliance
- Negotiated purchases and sales of businesses on behalf of clients.
- Advised clients on contracts and drafted and negotiated contracts on behalf of clients.
- And much more
My Clients Own
Throughout my time as a small business owner in Connecticut, I have come to realize that there is a significant need in this state for actual legal counsel for other small business owners in the state. While in the process of starting my fourth (and hopefully my final) legal services business in Connecticut, I’ve refocused my efforts on assisting clients so that they can proceed comfortably with transactions and running their businesses with the peace of mind that they are getting sound, actionable, and accurate advice. By focusing my practice on Real Estate and Business Transactions, I am able to help my clients plan for success – protecting themselves as much as possible, while adding as little friction as possible to their day to do operations.
I’d love to chat more with you about my process and how we can work together to achieve the results you want in your business and real estate transactions – with less legal stress. If you feel the same, please book some time with me today.